I have no clue what happened but I totally blanked on sharing our most favorite air fryer recipe of all – copy cat Chick-fil-A sandwiches!!
The recipe is courtesy of This Old Gal and you can hop over to her site to find it here >> This Old Gal Air Fryer Chick-fil-A sandwiches
I love serving them with these waffle fries. They actually taste more like Arby’s curly fries than Chick-fil-A waffle fries, which is equally as tasty in my book.
Here are a few of my notes:
- Use the This Old Gal ingredients for the flour and egg mixtures. The chicken is marinated in pickle juice, dipped in an egg wash and then dredged in flour. Her ingredients are perfect, in my opinion, and we haven’t ever wanted to change a thing.
- I buy the bag of Springer Mountain Farm chicken breasts – they are on the small size and perfect for a sandwich. I have had no need to pound them to thin them out. I can fit up to 4 in my XL air fryer at one time.
- Marinate the chicken in the pickle juice and then start on the fries.
- I cook the entire bag of fries in the air fryer at 360 for 11 minutes. Take the basket out and shake them about half way through. When they finish I put them in a bowl, cover with foil and keep them warm in the oven (not turned on).
- While the fries cook I prepare the egg and flour mixture for our sandwiches.
- I DO have problems with the chicken sticking to my air fryer. The best I’ve been able to do is to brush my air fryer basket with olive oil and spray the bottoms of my floured chicken breasts with Pam.
- I cook the chicken at 360 for 6 minutes. I then open the basket and spray the tops of the chicken with a little pam to get them to brown. I cook them for 4 additional minutes.
- During these last 4 minutes I separate my buns (basic white burger buns) and brush both insides with a little melted butter.
- Use a silicone spatula and come in at an angle to scrape the chicken off the basket when done. It’s not perfect so I’d love to know if you come up with anything better to keep them from sticking!
- As soon as the chicken comes out, throw in the buns for about a minute to warm them.
- Don’t forget to top your sandwiches with dill pickle chips. I love making these at home so that I can put way more than 2 slices on. I like a pickle in every bite.
I kid you not when I say this is our #1 recipe in the house right now. Everyone gets so excited when I tell them it is on the menu. I started making just 4 measly sandwiches and now I am up to 6. Honey and John each eat TWO!
affiliate links used
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED