With the big game on the horizon, I thought it the perfect time to share a “manly” appetizer we’ve been enjoying around here since the fall. This one comes from my friend Lori, who is a fantastic cook and a pro at entertaining a lot of boys.
For 2 Large Rolls, You’ll Need:
- Pizza dough – I prefer to work with 2 packs of fresh pizza dough, already rolled out flat from the grocery store bakery; You can also use their balls of dough but they require more work.
- Pack of large deli pepperoni slices – I use either the pre-packaged Boar’s Head or Publix brand in the deli
- 2 packages provolone cheese, sliced
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- About 4 T. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- If you bought the already rolled dough, just unfold it and stretch or roll it out just slightly to make a rectangle. If you bought the bag of dough in a ball, roll it out as best you can. I just make sure that the long side is about the length of my jelly roll pan.
- Starting on the long side closest to you, layer 1/4 of your pepperoni and 1/2 of one package of cheese. Roll up until covered. Then add another row of the next 1/4 of pepperoni and rest of the cheese package. Continue rolling and press seams to seal.
- Repeat with your second pack of dough and cheese and the remaining pepperoni.
- Place your rolls side by side on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and then top with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes until puffed and nicely browned on top.
- Cut into slices and serve with pizza sauce, if desired.
I’ll be making this again for Man Day on Sunday, but it’s so yummy that sometimes we have it for dinner with a salad!
If you’re looking for other game day favorites, try these!
Have a super fun Super Bowl! I’m just coming for the food and commercials :-)
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED