My kids LOVE ramen. They really aren’t picky on what kind – be in from the .50 package or from the delicious gourmet Asian kitchen near our house. We were so excited to try it in the Instant Pot by combining a couple of different recipes that looked good.
Instant Pot Chicken Ramen
1 T. sesame oil
1 tsp. fresh ginger, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
carton fresh sliced mushrooms
2 lbs. raw chicken breasts
2 T. soy sauce
8 c. chicken broth
2 tsp. salt and pepper to taste
8 – 12 ounces of dried ramen or udon noodles (based on what is available)
1/2 – 3/4 c. shredded carrot (based on your tastes)
1 c. spinach, sliced
soft boiled egg, sliced (we had hard boiled eggs on hand so just used those this time)
sliced green onion
chili garlic sauce
- Set Instant Pot to Saute function. Heat oil, garlic and ginger for 1 – 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, chicken, soy sauce, broth, salt and pepper. Cancel saute mode.
- Lock lid in place, set pressure valve to sealing and turn Instant Pot to high pressure for 8 minutes in manual mode.
- When finished, do the quick release of pressure. Carefully open pot and remove chicken.
- Turn pot back to saute mode and let broth come to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, shred the chicken.
- When noodles are done, add in meat, carrots and spinach. Garnish to your taste.
NOTE: Always follow the manufacturer directions for your specific Instant Pot, including on sealing, venting and cooking times.
I used two packages of these noodles.
This was a crowd favorite and will definitely be added to the proverbial rotation. It also reheats beautifully so we enjoyed eating off if it two nights in a row.
8QT Instant Pot Duo Plus (affiliate link)
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED