When we were staying at Saratoga Springs Resort for the Star Wars Race weekend, Honey and I spent a lot of time at Disney Springs. From morning coffee to late nights, the whole area is inviting, fun and worth visiting. One of our very favorite nights was spent at The Edison.
Designed to look like a 1920s electric company, The Edison exudes an air of romance and Old World sophistication. A steady lineup of unique acts like contortionists, aerialists, live cabaret, DJs and more is sure to keep you entertained and on your toes throughout the evening hours.
Our cocktails were excellent and the food was delicious. The standouts were the Clothesline Candied Bacon appetizer and Electric Mule Cocktail. I had the burger of the month that was The Edison Burger with a Grilled Cheese on top and it was very good as well.
The Edison is family friendly for lunch and dinner, but when the clock strikes ten, it becomes a 21 and up establishment. They clear the lower level of tables to make way for a dance floor and entertainment can range from cabaret to contortionist.
If you go…
- The Edison is open for lunch and dinner.
- The Disney Dining Plan and Deluxe Disney Dining Plan are accepted. This is one table serve credit.
- If you can’t get a reservation through Disney or don’t have a travel agent to do it for you :-), look for availability on Open Table. You will definitely want a reservation.
- All Guests arriving after 10:00 PM must wear venue-appropriate attire. Men may wear slacks, jeans or dress shorts. Jackets are optional. No ball caps, sleeveless shirts or flip-flops allowed.
- Guests must be at least 21 years of age to enter The Edison after 10:00.
- I personally think this is a fantastic place for adults. There are so many other options that are better suited to kids.
I have booked a good number of adult-only trips for clients, as well as plenty where the parents are looking for an adult night without the kids and I highly recommend The Edison for this! It is fun, unique and something you won’t likely find in your neighborhood at home.
As for the rest of Disney Springs, here are some of my favorites…
- T-Rex Cafe
- Wolfgang Puck Express
- The BOATHOUSE
- Morimoto Asia
- Bongos Cuban Cafe
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- The VOID: Star Wars Secrets of the Empire
- Coca-Cola Rooftop Beverage Bar
The only place I don’t recommend is Paddlefish.
Have a wonderful week and, as always, let me know if you have any Disney questions for me this week!
As an independent consultant with Glass Slipper Concierge, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I offer concierge travel planning for Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney®, Aulani and other delightful destinations.
Start designing your dream vacation today!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED