Mother and I were in Williams Sonoma a couple of weeks ago and were practically drooling at the smell of this Sausage and Shells dish cooking in the Instant Pot. We couldn’t stick around for it to finish so I snapped a pic of the recipe card and added it to the week’s menu.
Instant Pot Sausage and Shells
1/2 stick butter
1-2 lbs Italian sausage cut into bite size pieces
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 T garlic, minced
3 c chicken broth
1 c white wine (optional, but I added it!)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried parsley
carton cherry tomatoes
16 oz box medium shells
5 oz baby spinach
1/3 c half and half or cream
block Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese, plus more to top
14 oz can artichoke hearts, chopped
- Add butter in instant pot and hit saute
- Add shallots – cook 2-3 minutes
- Add sausage and garlic – cook 2-3 minutes
- Add wine, broth, seasoning and tomatoes – stir
- Add pasta but do not stir (I pressed it down into the liquid)
- Top with spinach
- Lock lid and change to pressure cook for 6 minutes
- Use the quick pressure release
- Add cream, boursin, parmesan and artichoke and let melt for 2 minutes – stir
- Serve with additional parmesan on top
NOTE: Always follow the manufacturer directions for your specific Instant Pot, including on sealing, venting and cooking times.
This meal was not cheap by the time I purchased all the ingredients but it was absolutely delicious, hearty and had plenty of leftovers. I served it with crusty bread and a salad! It also cooked up quickly and is fine for a school night around here.
Feel free to share your favorite Instant Post recipes in the comments. Happy Sunday!
8QT Instant Pot Duo Plus (affiliate link)
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED