My neighbor told me about this dish at the bus stop one afternoon and it was on our table two days later! Everyone enjoyed it and I’ll definitely make it again. There were also lots of leftovers, which y’all know I love. I served them with an asian salad in a bag (Publix) and jasmine rice (Trader Joes).
Asian Slaw Cups
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 lb ground beef (we used 88% lean)
- 10 oz. cole slaw salad mix
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 stalk green onion
- won ton wrappers, if desired
- If using won ton wrappers, overlap two in each greased cup of a standard muffin tin. Bake according to package directions.
- Start by heating your sesame seed oil in a large wok and crushing 2 garlic cloves into it. Cook until fragrant.
- Add in a pound of ground beef and break up with a wooden spoon.
- Once your ground beef is browned, about 5-10 minutes, add in your cole slaw salad mix and toss to combine.
- Add in sriracha, soy sauce and vinegar and toss. Let this cook for about 5 minutes for the cole slaw mix to wilt.
- Season with salt, pepper and sesame seeds. Serve with a sprinkle of green onion and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed a nice weekend! Whit and I got away for the weekend to Callaway Gardens. It was wonderful and I can’t wait to share more soon!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED