This week’s Sunday Supper was a huge hit for the whole family. It came together quickly and is a meal I know I’ll be making time and again. The only heads-up is to be sure you marinate your tomatoes the morning of!
The recipe made enough that we have leftovers to get at least a few of us through OYO night this week. (OYO Night is On Your Own / Clean out the fridge supper night)
Summer Garden Pasta
- 4 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 18 large basil leaves, julienned, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Combine the cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature for about 4 hours.
- Just before you’re ready to serve, bring a large pot of water with a splash of olive oil and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente according to the directions on the package (be careful – it only takes 2 to 3 minutes!). Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cheese and some extra fresh basil leaves and toss well. Serve in big bowls with extra cheese on each serving.
Other Favorites: Barefoot Contessa At Home
John was out of town with friends this weekend so we enjoyed Whit’s choice for dinner Friday (Mellow Mushroom), went on a long family walk Saturday morning and then spent HOURS working on cleaning out and cleaning up the basement yesterday afternoon. It was the last thing hanging on the cleaning and decluttering spree we started in March. :-)
Barefoot Contessa At Home
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED