As y’all know, we’ve been chipping away at an update in John’s room. We are turning this room shared by my boys for the last five years…
… into a “tween” space for my sixth grader. I last left you with his new bed in place.
And today I’m going to share his rug!! I am SO excited about this one.
As you saw in the video, we put down FLOR carpet tiles to make a rug that *finally* fits his room! The whole thing took about 45 minutes. I have had this company on my radar for a long time since my girlfriend “blonde AW” has worked for them for years. It wasn’t until John rejected every.single. area rug I presented that I thought to take another look at FLOR. He thought these looked so much “cooler” than anything I had come up with and he wanted something “much comfier than the rugs [I] usually pick”. I loved how practical they are for kids – they spill, throw up, or otherwise destroy a part and you just peel up the tile for a new one – and that I could design it to fit his oddly shaped room.
We started with this…
… and ended with this.
It adds SO much warmth and character to the room. I know I mentioned it in the video, but I am thrilled to finally have a rug in here that fits the room. It really makes all the difference in the world.
You can see how the room is shaping up here. Next up is to take down the lantern. It worked fine when we had the two beds in here but now it is out in the open and Honey has hit his head on it one too many times. He’s eager to take it down!
On my last update I also had clean the closets out on my list. That has now been completed with the help of Mother! I gave a bag of stuff to Sister, a box of smocked and appliqued items to my neighbor and then donated a car load of outgrown clothes, books and toys that were hiding in his closets. It felt so good to get that done.
Here’s the rest of the to-do list:
- Replace lantern with ceiling fan
- Wall hangings over bed and desk
- Tidy up desk and figure out where it should go
- Decide if he wants to bring the basketball hoop back up from the basement; If it comes up I want to mount and hang on the wall rather than the closet door
- Chair for in front of window, along with coffee table and bean bag for a seating area
- Edit bookcase to be more “grown up” and maybe paint
- ecide on adding monogrammed lumbar to bed (Mother has everything to make it)
- Figure out a place to set up his cello and be able to practice (Did I mention he’s playing the cello?!)
And here’s what we’ve done so far:
- Last Look at Brother’s Room
- Zinus Mattress + Other Bedding Necessities
- The Queen Bed
- FLOR on the Floor – A New Rug
- The Ceiling Fan
I hope y’all have a great week!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED