I’ve been making these raspberry bars for a couple of years now and they are SO good and really easy. It is the kind of recipe where you can also keep the ingredients on hand for a last minute dessert. I took them to a pool party this week and they received such rave reviews that I thought they were worth sharing again.
This recipe is also great for helpers. No knives needed – just little hands to press and spread.
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
10 to 12 ounces good raspberry jam
2/3 cup good granola without dried fruit
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Confectioners’ sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on medium speed just until combined. With the mixer on low, add the vanilla.
- Sift the flour and salt together and, with the mixer on low, slowly add to the butter mixture, mixing until it almost comes together in a ball. Turn the dough out on a board.
- Lightly pat two-thirds of the dough evenly on the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan and about ¼ inch up the sides. Spread with the jam, leaving a ¼-inch border. Mix the granola into the remaining dough with your hands. Break the dough into small bits, and distribute it on top of the jam, covering most of the surface. Sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Bake the bars for 45 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool completely and cut into 9 or 12 bars. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners’ sugar.
Foolproof remains my favorite cookbook ever. I have made about 75% of the recipes over the years and they quite literally are Foolproof. The only tweak I consistently make is to cut way back on the amount of oil suggested. Other than that, they turn out delicious and perfect every time!
Have a great holiday!!!
Foolproof by Ina Garten *affiliate*
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED