I noted last month here on the blog and on Instagram that we were repainting our house! Well, the work is done and we are SO happy with it.
Exterior 2009 – 2013
This is what our home looked like when we purchased it in 2009. (Minus the paint swatches I had already started testing when I took this “before” pic.)
Exterior 2013 – 2020
This was how it looked until a couple of weeks ago. In this round, we added all of the porticos, updated the porch, painted and landscaped.
We had really hoped that the paint would last MUCH longer than it actually did. In reality, it was peeling off in many places and falling off in sheets in a few. Our house is constructed of cedar siding and we knew we had to fix this before it started rotting. We worked with Certa Pro painters to get to the bottom of our problem. In the end, they scraped, sanded, replaced wood rot with never-rot material, and “painted” the house with a solid color stain rather than your traditional exterior paint.
While I loved the original colors, I hated to spend a bunch of money on paint and not see a large and visible difference. I used most of the same colors and simply switched up where they were on the house! I lightened the shade of blue on the doors and swapped the shutter and siding colors.
Curb Appeal Project Before and Afters 2009 to 2020
(Umbrella broke in a storm. I have not yet found a replacement at this small size.)
Landscaping and Updated Landscaping
Contractor – Shawn Reuter / SLR Construction / 706-254-0231
Painter – CertaPro Painters
Exterior Lighting – Concord 1, 2 and 3 light sconces from Ballard Designs
Garage Lighting – All Weather Gooseneck by Barn Light Electric
One thing I have learned over the past 11 years here is to WAIT on renovations until you have lived in the space for a while, know exactly what you want, and can afford to do it the way you want it. We never spent money on band-aid fixes, no matter how awful the space was. (Remember the four of us sharing one bathroom with no tub and one sink for years?? HA!) It has taken ALL of the past 11 years to get where we are with the exterior, kitchen, bathrooms, porch, basement and decor. We have just one last, bucket list project coming soon!!!
L E T ‘ S T R A V E L
The world is reopening!! Now is the time to start planning and give your family something to look forward to. All deposits are FULLY refundable and you can book with confidence knowing I handle every single details of your trip.
Walt Disney World
– Reopened July 11 with low crowds and impressive safety measures!
– Now booking for arrivals today through September 2021
– Fantastic discounts 9/4 – 12/24/20
– Reopening TBD
– Have your info added to my interest list for travel through 2021
– Reopened June 5 with low crowds, hardly any restrictions on experiences and safety protocols in place!
– Now booking for arrivals today through 2021
Disney Cruise Line
– Now booking for itineraries August 2020 through December 2021 with a cruise with confidence flexible booking policy in place!
Aulani Disney Hawaii
– Reopening TBD
– Save up to 35% on stays August 1 – December 22, 2020!
– Now booking for arrivals through 2021
The Rest of the World (literally!)
– Now booking Adventures by Disney through March 2022 with discount (family & adult exclusive dates) and FULLY refundable deposits
– USA and international tours available
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED