This fresh tuna salad is quick and easy, and makes for a delicious and light summer supper. You might want to go light on the wasabi and/or hot sauce as it does have a kick. We found them to be slightly over powering and have since scaled back to about half of what the recipe calls for.
Fresh Tuna Salad
- 2 pounds very fresh tuna steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing tuna
- salt and pepper
- 2 limes zested
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 10 dashes Tabasco
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup minced scallions, white and green parts
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Brush the tuna steaks with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat sauce pan for 2 minutes on high. Add tuna steaks and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until seared on outside and raw inside. Allow to cool slightly and cut into large bite-size cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, 2.5 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, lime zest, wasabi, lime juice, soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Toss the avocados in the dressing. Arrange the avocado, tuna and red onion on plates. Drizzle with more dressing and sprinkle with scallions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature.
I hope you and yours are enjoying a wonderful holiday weekend! We’ve had a really quiet one with long morning coffees on the porch, neighborhood walks, golf for the boys, finishing up Virgin River for me, and lots of good food at home.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED