I LOVE easy, festive dinners during any holiday season. Mummy Dogs and Graveyard Brownies were perfect for a busy school night, as neither required much prep work.
I’ve been serving Mummy Dogs during Halloween since the boys were old enough to chew a hot dog. Since I only tend to do them during October, they both raved about how “delicious” and “amazing” they were. That does make me chuckle.
Mummy Hot Dogs
Crescent roll dough – one crescent roll for each hot dog
Food safe marker, ketchup, mustard or something to make eyes
- Unroll crescent roll dough and, working with one half of the dough at a time, press seams together.
- Cut each half of dough into eight strips.
- Mummify dogs by wrapping with dough. Use two strips per each dog.
- Repeat with other half of crescent roll dough and hot dogs.
- Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until browned.
- Add eyes.
Mother gave me the tombstone brownie pan and chocolate mold eons ago. I keep it with my Halloween decor, but hadn’t used it in a few years. I used a box mix and a bag of candy melts I had on hand (hence the strange purple color… why did I ever buy that?!). Crushed oreos make for the dirt and a few sour gummy worms finished it off.
It was a frightful night :-)
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED