Coming on the heels of May the Fourth was Cinco de Mayo!! And tonight I had the whole family home, which is always a treat. What a fun week!
I set up everything on the island in the kitchen. We enjoyed “walking tacos” and fixings, churro ice cream bowls and margaritas (for the adults, of course)! We also asked Alexa to play Mariachi music, which was a festive addition to our night. She can be really useful for some things.
St. Germain Margaritas
BrandonSav912 on Instagram shared these St. Germain Margaritas and they are delicious (but potent!)
- 4 oz. tequila
- 4 oz. St. Germain
- 2 oz. lime juice
Shake everything over ice until cold. Pour into two glasses.
Taco “Charcuterie” Board
The star of the show was really in the presentation of our usual taco night favorites! A new addition was the tiny tortilla bowls that come in a kit from the grocery store. They were a big hit, in addition to the chip bags, for walking tacos.
- My board is from Target in the Hearth and Hand line. I purchased it in late December 2019. It is available online here.
- I cut parchment paper to cover the bottom of the board and then put my toppings on that, so as to not ruin the wood with wet things. It is food safe, but you wouldn’t want to have to submerge it in water (in my opinion) for a deep cleaning.
- Start with the items you will have in bowls. Spread them out on the board.
- Add the biggest item next. For this, it was the tortillas.
- Continue working with the next biggest item to go on your board.
- Consider colors when placing them. I spread out my yellows (cheese and corn) and reds (radish and tomato).
- Use things like herbs and halved fruits/veggies to easily fill in the gaps. For tacos, I split up a whole bunch of cilantro and the leftover limes from the margs to do this.
Our board included:
- small tortilla bowls
- guacamole (I keep the tiny containers from Costco on hand… we all love them)
- cheese dip
- lettuce shreds
Churro Ice Cream Bowls
I’ve been making knock off churros for 11 years and was inspired to try something new. These were so much fun and everyone enjoyed them!
- 1 box frozen puff pastry shells
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c melted butter
- chocolate ice cream
Bake and prepare to package directions. Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon. Remove pastry from oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing the centers. Use a pastry brush to coat sides and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Fill with scoops of chocolate ice cream before serving!
Hope y’all are having a great week!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED