The end of school year craziness is upon us and last Sunday I had the foresight to make this casserole to keep in the fridge for easy dinners as various members of the family came and went all week long! It was fairly easy, feeds a crew and everyone enjoyed it. I loved that I had this on hand for those “what’s for dinner” nights as we were ships passing in the wind. I’ll definitely make it again.
Baked Chicken with Bacon Bottom & Wild Rice
- 12 oz package thick cut bacon (peppered if you can find it)
- 1/2 onion, thin sliced
- 6 T butter
- 3 6.2oz boxes Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice fast cooked, cooked per package directions
- 10.5 oz can cream of onion soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2.5 lbs chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven 375
- Lay bacon slices side by side to cover bottom of 9x13x3 baking pan. Use remaining slices around sides of pan. Place onion slices on top of bacon, overlapping as needed. Cut 4 T butter into cubes and sprinkle on top of onions.
- In large bowl, combine prepared wild rice, soup, sour cream, broth, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until combined. Spoon rice over butter cubes and smooth mixture out. Nestle chicken into rice. Melt remaining 2 T butter and brush on chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake 55 mins. Uncover and bake until chicken is cooked, about 20 mins.
- Garnish and serve.
- Store leftovers in covered container in fridge up to 4 days.
If you have an easy crowd pleasing recipe, feel free to share or send to me!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED