I received a ton of questions about how we hang our wreaths after my last How to Make Christmas Bows video. I wanted to follow up with a few tips and tricks. There are two ways to hang wreaths and we have done both:
- Suction Cups
- You will want to make sure the outside of your window AND the back of the suction cup is clean and dry before you start.
- I use a mixture of these VERY GOOD locking suction cups (on the top story) and regular large suction cups (Michael’s). I’ve had the locking suction cups for years and they are fantastic.
- We hang our top story from the inside of the house. Honey opens the window from the bottom up, wipes it down, and then attaches the suction cup to hang the wreath.
- We used this method on our old home and I loved the look. Now that I’m thinking about it, I might bring it back here next year.
- For this one, you will need to have double hung windows, that open top down as well as the usual bottom up.
- Simply cut an extra length of ribbon that matches your bows. You loop it around the top of the wreath and tie it in a knot at the tail end.
- Open your window from the top down. Holding on to the knot, lower the wreath out of the window and close the window so that the knot catches on the inside and the wreath can’t slip out. If you’re worried about your wreaths flying off the windows using suction cups, this way is great! They did sometimes get twisted when it was really windy and we had to open the window from the bottom up and flip them back around.
If you missed the original video on how I make the bows (it is SO easy and takes a few minutes), START HERE!
Other Holiday DIYs
2 Easy Ways to Hang Christmas Wreaths
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED