We rounded out the St. Patrick’s Day festivities here with a corned beef and cabbage supper! This is really easy and just cooks all day in the crock pot. It received rave reviews from the boys and not a lick of meat was left.
Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Corned beef brisket
- 2.5 lbs mini yukon gold potatoes (more or less), quartered
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1/2 bag baby carrots
- 1/2 head cabbage, quartered
- 4 cups water
- Can / bottle of beer (we use Guinness)
- Add the brisket with seasoning packet, onion, carrots and potatoes to the crock pot. Add water and beer. Cook on low 7 hours.
- Add cabbage to top. Continue cooking for 1 hour.
John’s second favorite dessert of all time, after creme de menthe brownies, are black and white cookies. A local bagel shop carries them and, before covid, his Juju used to take him there quite often for breakfast and a cookie. Well, he has missed those dates and is always asking to go. (They only take cash, and that is my very lame excuse for not going often.) I decided to try making them at home and they are AMAZING! John absolutely loved them. I’ll share that recipe soon. Also, has anyone taken note that all of John’s favorite dishes require 47 ingredients and 183 steps????!!!!
Hope you had a great St. Patrick’s Day!
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED