First things first, I’m delighted to be featured over at A Lived in Home
today. Hop on over and check me out!
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming… we’re three weeks into October and still counting down
to the spookiest day of the year!!
October 17: Mummy Monday
Mummy Monday’s meal consisted of all sorts of mummified eats and was a huge success with the littles.
Mummy Pretzel Sticks
White chocolate melts
Large black sprinkles
1. Melt chocolate according to package directions.
2. I tilt my bowl on it side and roll the pretzel in the chocolate to cover one end.
3. After all of your pretzel rods are covered, adding oil just a little at a time until the chocolate is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle chocolate over pretzel rods.
4. Add black sprinkles for eyes.
Mummy Hot Dogs
Crescent roll dough – one crescent roll for each hot dog
Food safe marker
1. Unroll crescent roll dough and, working with one half of the dough at a time, press seams together.
2. Cut dough into eight strips.
3. Mummify dogs by wrapping with dough. Use two strips per each dog. With food safe marker, add eyes.
4. Repeat with other half of crescent roll dough and hot dogs.
5. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until browned.
October 18: Game Night
We gobbled up left over mummy-licious eats and got down to business. Game night around these parts is serious business, in fact. We each picked our favorite and then went to town on Candy Land, Whack-a-mole, Sorry and Uno.
October 19: Red Ribbon Week SiLlY sUpPeR
When the PCP’s school announced Red Ribbon Week
, we set out to all participate in the daily activities. Wednesday’s “don’t let drugs turn you inside out” day led to not only inside out attire, but an entire inside out, upside down and backwards silly supper and game.
October 20: Halloween Happy Meals
While we generally reserve the delicacy that is a McDonald’s for road trips, I couldn’t let the Halloween Happy Meals just come and go. These buckets have since accounted for hours of silly monster sticker face fun!
October 21: Fall Festival
We spent our evening at a carnival under the stars at the PCP’s school, riding rides, climbing rock walls, fighting ninjas, and trying our hand at winning astounding prizes a la “Ian the Snake”
(yes folks, the snake has been named) from Six Flags. It was a pretty impressive operation and a fantastic evening for the littles.
October 22: wii Marathon
Honey and the littles sat glued to the the tube playing all sorts of games of which I know neither the name nor how to play.
With that, just one more week till the big day!