We adore a Cobb Salad around here and this dinner was met with rave reviews!! With a little advance preparation, it came together quickly and was the perfect dinner for a Spring evening.
Build Your Own Cobb Salad Board
You can go wild with topping ideas here, but we stuck with the most traditional and our favorites.
- Grilled chicken (Honey grills a bunch of chicken on Saturdays for the boys to eat all week)
- Sliced tomato
- Chopped red onion
- Crumbled bacon (prepared earlier in the day)
- Quartered hard boiled eggs (we always have them on hand, see here)
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Shredded cheddar (boys aren’t crazy about blue)
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Homemade Ranch dressing
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 c. mayo (I always use Duke’s)
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 T chopped chives
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
Combine everything and whisk.
How delicious does this look?! Funny enough, when my girlfriends asked Sister for a few of my favorites recently, one thing she listed was “a salad with lots of things in it”. She nailed it! :-)
Best of all, I mixed all the leftovers together for my lunch the next day.
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED