Our Saturday went Coronation by morning and Derby by evening. It was quite a festive day! After rave reviews from my boys last year, I once again created a Kentucky Derby Dinner at home.
I could only find spray roses in my last minute hunt, but they were the only decor item I needed to get! I lined up grass squares to fashion a runner (from Whit’s 13th Par-tee!), arranged the roses in the julep cups I use for flowers (I have a second set we use as water glasses in the dining room), and dug out the horses I used for John’s 6th Rootin Tootin Cowboy Party.
I fashioned red napkins into a rose fold and used my white china.
Mint Juleps were the cocktail of the evening! The derby stir sticks were from Acrylic Sticks a couple of years ago.
I created the Kentucky Hot Brown casserole based on the recipe we got when we stayed at the Brown Hotel. It is SO good!x
Derby Pie was the perfect sweet treat to cap off the night.
You can find all of the recipes here:
It sure was a FUN night!
More Kentucky Things
Kentucky Road Trip
– Lexington: Keeneland & Buffalo Trace Distillery
– Lexington: Keeneland Spring Meet Race Day
– Lexington > Louisville: Mary Todd Lincoln House, Louisville Slugger Factory Tour
– Mammoth Cave National Park
– Lexington: The Campbell House Hotel
– Louisville: The Brown Hotel
– Kentucky Derby At Home Dinner Celebration
– Kentucky Derby Dinner Recipes
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED