We enjoyed a sunny, laid back weekend here in the South. I love that the days are longer and so extremely pleasant to be outside. I served up a Steak Fajita Board for our Sunday Supper and we dined al fresco on the porch. This was an easy and extremely delicious recipe that is going in the rotation!
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa At Home
- 1 New York Strip Steak, about 1 lb., grilled and cut into strips
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1/4 inch strips (I used red because I had one)
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and cut in very thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, halved and then thinly sliced
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 6-8 8″ flour tortillas
- 6 oz. Monterrey jack cheese, grated
- 6 oz. Manchego cheese, grated
- Sliced scallions, cilantro, avocado, sour cream and salsa for serving
- If you haven’t already, grill or prepare steak. Cut into strips.
- Pour 1 T. oil into large skillet and heat over medium. Add cumin seeds and saute for about one minute until fragrant. Add all four peppers and onion and saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until starting to blister and are very tender. About halfway through, stir in garlic and 2 tsp salt.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the two cheeses into a large bowl and prepare toppings while peppers cook.
Other Favorites: Barefoot Contessa At Home
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Barefoot Contessa At Home
DIXIE DELIGHTS DELIVERED